- Aatman Academy caters to the specific learning needs of learners with LD and such a focused programme has many benefits as have been evident in our three years of running the school.
- Aatman Academy offers integrated programs that consistently meet students’ specific needs, and by creating an environment where weaknesses do not overshadow strengths, we empower students to realize their potential.
- The greatest support a customized learning school like Aatman gives its students is a rediscovery of the correlation between effort and success; that is to say that students quickly realize that “If I put forth effort, I will be successful.”
- Because all students learn differently, there is no negative stigma associated with specialized instruction— everyone is taught in a way that strategically targets individual learning needs.
- Our program addresses academic strengths and weaknesses while giving students access to the visual and performing arts, sports, therapy and other areas in which they might excel.
- Once in a true peer group, students quickly feel comfortable taking risks and participating in areas that they might not have been given an opportunity before. As a result strengths are developed and weaknesses are remediated and self-esteem and confidence skyrocket.
- Academically, our programs are specifically tailored to students who learn differently and this offers unparalleled opportunity to each child.
Our goal is help LD learners understand themselves, their strengths and weaknesses and maximize their achievement by drawing out the best from their innate potentials. We aim to give the learners holistic experiences to prepare them for successful careers through meaningful and significant contributions.
Our mission is to transform the lives of LD students by providing them with a structured, stress-free, comprehensive, challenging and engaging curriculum suited to their individual learning styles.
Aatman Academy is giving LD learners a safe haven, where their “world is without fear” and their “head is held high”! The academy aims to help children embark on a journey of self-discovery, not letting the world decide for them their worth and value based on their academic performance alone! These individuals will be able to redefine success by their achievements “beyond the blackboard and the report card”. They will be seen impacting the growth and development of this nation in the most unimaginable ways merely because they were “allowed to explore” those ways in a school like ours. They will also be able to declare (like John Chambers –CISCO or Richard Branson- Virgin Atlantic) that THEY have been living with a learning disability and yet have dared to dream and make their dreams come true against all odds. Today, there are few Indians like Abhishek Bachchan or Mr. Boman Irani who have come out in the open and declared that they have been LD learners, but by studying in a school like Aatman Academy we wish that children will be able to speak about their Learning Disability, in the most “matter of fact” manner!
We believe that the real change will be visible 7-10 years from now, when we begin to see a whole generation of highly well-established individuals who will be able to openly share their challenges as LD learners, and attribute a part of their success to aatman academy……a place where they learnt to believe in themselves and succeed, not just ‘inspite of their disabilities….but because of the same’!!